Pix's scummVM Hacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lands of Lore tracks

2 posters

Go down

Lands of Lore tracks Empty Lands of Lore tracks

Post  The President Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:13 am

If in the soundtrack some piece plays at the wrong moment currently, do you wish to know about it? Or might something change about the way the game picks which song to play during the development of 1.4.0, making the info useless?

I'm in the middle of a play-through now and the game is working fine in scummvm 1.40git(aug 15 2011) so far, I'm in the swamps at the moment with ak'shel. The first thing I noticed was track35->track36. 36 is what plays after Scotia poisons Richard, the default track36 doesn't suit the occasion quite right Wink The swamp track isn't right and neither is the gorkha chief's hut theme, I'm gonna have to go through the tracks a bit to find the right ones. track38 (swamp music) needs to change to track39. I then put track37 in as track35, that's what plays in the gorkha chief's hut and I'm not sure of it yet but sounds ok.

This leaves what was originally track36 (the happy tune, not sure what it's supposed to be) as track38 currently for me, I'll have to wait and see when it starts playing again.

EDIT: Damn this is hard, I already lost track of my own file name changes. Anyway, track38 plays at the gorkha shops, should be a simple drumming tune, track37 plays at the witch doctor and should sound a bit more "exotic". Track35 plays at the chief's hut but I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Don't have saves (e.g. for dosbox) that would let me compare.

EDIT2: Ehh, looks like I can't post links but if you google "lands of lore music" the gorkha chief's hut music is clip/midi number 32. Or search youtube for "lands of lore returning the helmet" to hear it.

The President

Back to top Go down

Lands of Lore tracks Empty Re: Lands of Lore tracks

Post  Pix Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks for the info. This is definitely the sort of bug I want to know about. Lands of Lore is the least tested game on here, and I'm not aware of anyone who has done a complete playthrough yet.

Lands of Lore is a little more complicated in how it handles music resources than some of the other games so it won't be fixable just by renaming tracks. The music is stored in about 6 files that apply to certain areas of the game, all of which can have tracks in common. The largest part of my code deals with which bit of music in the game corresponds to which ogg/mp3 track. These are basically long lists of numbers and it's easy to make mistakes which is no doubt what has happened here.

It won't take a lot of fixing. I'll have a look at getting that done tonight and uploading some new builds.
Pix
Pix
Admin

https://scummvmhacks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pix Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:37 pm

I had a look and found a missing track which I've added in. This will have made tracks 35-39 all play in the wrong places so it should hopefully have fixed the problems you described. You'll need to grab the soundtrack again to get the missing track and one of the new builds to get the fix.
Pix
Pix
Admin

https://scummvmhacks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down