Sierra game freezes on game restore operation

Go down

Sierra game freezes on game restore operation Empty Sierra game freezes on game restore operation

Post  k2500x on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:20 am

Trying to play Ecoquest CD DOS version here with the MT32 OGG soundtracks, but the game freezes when I try to restore a save.

I downloaded Pix's v1.3SVN, and the Ecoquest OGG files. Unpacked them all into the game directory.
Everything runs like a charm and the soundtrack works perfect until I try to restore a save game after shutting down scummvm.
In other words, if I try to load a save game I just made in the same session everything works perfect. If I shut down and restart scummvm everything works until trying to load (restore) one of my savegames.

I've tried this on 3 different computers, 2 with Windows XP and one with Windows 7 starter edition. Actually, on one of the windows XP PCs it did restore the savegames on occasion after shutting down the program so this seems to be a very nebulous problem (sigh).

I'm also pretty sure it's related to the OGG soundtrack since when I choose the Ecoquest Windows version (comes on the same disk, but apparently doesn't support the OGG sound files since I don't get any music), all the computers load the savegames perfectly.

Any ideas?

k2500x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sierra game freezes on game restore operation Empty Re: Sierra game freezes on game restore operation

Post  Pix on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:40 am

I've not got the CD version of Ecoquest but it was fine with the floppy version last time I tried it. There could be something wrong with the last build I did as I don't think I've actually tried playing a Sierra game on it. I've not changed anything in a while but things can break as the scummVM team update the code. I'll have a look at it when I get the chance and get a new build up in the next day or two.
Pix
Pix
Admin

View user profile http://scummvmhacks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down